Friday, September 7, 2012

Halloween Mummy Wreath

I don't know how many of you watch Craft Wars, but sometimes it can be incredibly inspiring.  There was an episode a handful of weeks back that had the participants make Christmas wreaths.  One of the ladies made a two layer wreath and that is where my idea for this one began.


I started with a styrofoam wreath, unfinished wood circle, unfinished wood letters, Modge Podge, craft paint, crepe paper streamers, scrapbook paper, and some decorative spiders (mine were actually brads from the scrapbook section.)

I took the scrapbook paper and modge podged it to the styrofoam wreath.  I painted my wood circle and my letters (B-O-O).  I used glow-in-the-dark paint mixed with white craft paint for my mummy eyes and flat black for my letters and the face of the mummy.  Then I coated the circle in Modge Podge and wrapped the crepe streamers around the circle to form my mummy head.  I hot glued the mummy head to the center of my wreath.  I used Modge Podge to attach my letters to the wreath, and then I hot glued some of the brads to the face of the mummy.  The other brads I stuck into the styrofoam around the wreath, and voila!  Easy Halloween wreath that is cute and not too spooky.... as my kids request.  :)

 
 
 

 




24 comments:

  1. How cute!! So fun and festive for Halloween. I hope you will come by and link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I linked up, but for some reason I cannot get your button to work to add it to this post. It keeps saying the html code isn't closed or something. Really weird.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love the mummy! Such a fun wreath! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Visiting from the Mingle. Just liked you on FB. Come visit me @ www.ahappysong.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to have you MJ. Gonna stop by your blog, too!

      Delete
  4. I have watched a few Craft Wars. I saw the Halloween one recently. It gives you some good ideas. Love your wreath and its a cute not spooky one; so I am sure your kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so cute and easy! I love this idea :)


    I"m your newest follower from the Monday Mingle!
    follow me @ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad to have you! Going to check out your blog now. :)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute and not your typical wreath. Love it!

    If you get a chance come link up at my Fall Edition Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/pintastic-monday-fall-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO cute!! I love it! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/09/riverton-housewives-round-up-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Say G'day Linky Party! Hope to see you again this Saturday.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring YOU today!

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/09/take-look-at-you-20-fall-craft-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete